Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

East meets West, joined by the Pacific


 



The image above shows Newcastle Central Station in the early sixties. To the lower right of the picture the Tyneside EMUS indicate that the DMUS had not yet come into being and a steam train is central to the image. This could have been earlier, in the fifties, but the multiple warts of the Crudas Park Flats dominate the horizon so its early sixties.





I'm not sure of the location of the picture above, but the A4 Pacific would have been very much at home in Newcastle Central. Less happy, the Streak is hauling mineral wagons - how the mighty have fallen! And yet it looks very clean. A running-in turn, perhaps.

The point of these pictures is to show my favourite locos on the East coast, and to show them on the West; the join being my FANTASY's aim. Now, where did I file that Duchess! :( Found it! :)






This picture is of an unidentified Duchess in the region of Carlise. It is planned that this particular post will show a collection of the relevant locos,, both real and modelled; an ongoing resource.
 
 
 

 
NB: I do NOT know the provenance and copyright of these pictures. I'd be grateful if anyone could identify them, in which case I'd acknowledge the copyright, or - indeed - remove if the owner required it. As a professional artist/illustrator I've suffered from web-sourced theft...


First draft. Memo to self: Canalside A3s ?

No comments:

Post a Comment