Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

The "why and where" of it.

This a FANTASY  model. Some call such layouts "freelance" but that word - redolent, to my mind, of self-employed writing and artwork, an area I am involved in - doesn't suit my purpose, whilst FANTASY says exactly what it is. The word came to mind from the PC Game Fantasy Football, a game where a club manager chooses his players (within his price-range, etc) from any number of real soccer stars.* For my game - the running of a railway - I use this as an excuse for running both Gresley and Stanier Pacifics together. Otherwise, my loco-fleet is predominately ECML whilst the Stanier pacifics would mainly be found  on the West Coast Mainline. There is one well known station where both types did meet, it was Carlisle. More of which anon.

The point I'm making - and will remake at regular intervals - relates to the true protype models that are currently achieving such high standards that I can see a time when they'll be considered historical documents. This is a claim I'll be discussing in depth later.

 



 
 
Regarding the picture above - the second of three basic shots - the Hornby B1 mentioned in the first post, shows the quality of modern out-of-the-box engines. One day it will be weathered.
 
Finally, the last of the three rough images taken for the start of this blog. Hopefully, future images may indicate improvement.
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. A Rough and Ready start indeed. Still, its best to see it "worts and all". It can only get better...

    *Self-commenting test.

    ReplyDelete