Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

.HANNEM .CENTRAL by Graham Jowett-Ive


Riddles design MT7  for the LMS! *BR didn't happen in Graham's world...


I have been particularly impressed by the layout constructed by the (recently) late Graham Jowett-Ive. His is a FANTASY in my own style. Hannem Central is a large terminus which offers a home to all the big four. He doesn't even bother trying to locate it, although the Shed Complex is LMS. Trains have no destination but just leave for elsewhere. Although some of this is unstatisfactory to my eyes, I admire his panache. It works because the standard of modelling his high.

*He doesn't mention this in his Railway Modeller articles (October 2012 and January 2013) which are a bit lacking in background, wheret he says its set in the thirties, but there are so many anomalies - like the Empress, above, along with streamline Duchesses; all of which put it firmly in my FANTASY category.( In his ......... page he makes the non-BR claim link).

 
 
'Says it all :) The photographs are of poor quality, however, probably due to limitations of the host .............. site.
 
 
 
A very nicely set up Schools, taking advantage of the cab-detail.
 
 
 
If I'm honest, I'm posting these pictures as a break from my own Bull-Ox waffling. ;-) It , though, to give a shape to the Blog, and might be the start of a FANTASY  list. Although such playthings are comparatively rare these days. There are plenty of the toy-train any-thing-goes layouts, but - despite my tolerance - these are NOT the sort I'm aiming for. Thinking back, one of the last of these was ............... York Central in the .................... Railway Modeller. I must check but I have no photographs of that layout.
 
 
 
 
Draft One. To be continued.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment